1st Time Visitors
RockQuest’s mission is to provide a safe, fun climbing environment for people of all ages and all levels of climbing ability. We have developed our programs to provide you with instruction that is beyond the industry standard. Our staff is always on hand to answer any questions you might have, and committed to providing you with an experience that is truly one of a kind!
If you have never climbed before or are still new, keep on reading. If you are an experienced climber you may scroll down to the section for Experienced Climbers.
Note for Minors: Any age may climb, however if you or someone you are bringing is under 18, please click here to download our waiver and have it signed by a parent or legal guardian when you come in. Climbers under 18 without a signed, valid waiver will not be permitted to participate.
- RockQuest staff is not available for belaying (holding the ropes). CLICK HERE for information on reserving a staff belayer.
- Keep reading for our class and training options or visit our Hours and Rates page.
- Call (513) 733-0123 for availability and reservations and arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- IF UNDER 18, your parent or legal guardian must submit your waiver by clicking here.
- If you are over 18, you can complete your own waiver, make sure to bring your state-issued ID.
Information for New Climbers
You do not have to be in great physical condition or have a lot of upper body strength to climb. Rock climbing is a natural activity that builds the body’s strength over time, and is ideal for enhancing muscle tone and flexibility. There are two types of climbing that can be done at RockQuest:
- Bouldering is climbing without a rope low to the ground. We have a great top-out boulder in the center of the gym which allows you to climb up and over, or you can drop down onto the padded floor. Or you can traverse(climb side to side) on any of the outside walls.
- Roped Climbing allows you to climb to the top of our walls, up to 40 feet high! While climbing this high, you will need a harness and a “Belayer” (the person that holds the rope for a climber). Our requirement for belaying is 13 years old, but any age may climb. You may choose to provide your own belayers or have our staff belay. If you choose to bring your own, see the Starter Package below; if you would prefer us to do the belaying, see Taste of Climbing or Private Lessons.
- Need a partner? Click Here to go to Cincy Climbers Anonymous on Meetup.com and find someone to climb with!
I want your staff to hold the ropes for us!
I want to learn to do it on my own or with a friend!
- Call to make a reservation to sign up for the Starter Package. For $35, you will receive a one-week trial membership plus a basic belay safety course!
- Reservations in advance are required. Class times:
Mon – Fri: 3PM, 5PM, 7PM
Sat – Sun: 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM, 7PM
- New belayers MUST be trained by a RockQuest Instructor. Experienced belayers may test out of the belay class.
- Minimum age to belay is 13
- Course length is 1 hour
- Cost: $35
- Call (513) 733-0123 to reserve
Note: You must be 13 years of age or older in order to belay, but ANY AGE may climb.
What do I wear?
- Any type of athletic clothing that won’t restrict movement is great.
- RockQuest is climate-controlled, but it is still warm on hot days and cool on cold days. Please dress accordingly.
- Closed-toed shoes are required, but climbing shoes are also available and highly recommended for you to rent.
- Experienced climbers that already know how to belay simply need to take a “Belay Check”
- This process takes about 15 minutes (may be delayed if the gym is packed!), does not cost you anything, and does not require a reservation
- Practical examination with a RockQuest instructor backing you up
- All of this is entered into our computer and kept on file, so that the next time you visit us, you just need to check in at the front counter and then start climbing!